Poetry: Linguistic Bananas

One fine evening, I asked for poetry prompts, and a friend asked me to write a poem about bananas, the linguistic kind. I had to look it up. This was about three years ago, and it's still silly.

Fruit Flies Like A Banana, Part 1: 

“Mine,” snarked the snail.
“No, mine!” cried the slug.
“WE SHALL DESCEND AS A HOARD UPON THIS
AND CLAIM IT AS OUR ANCESTRAL BIRTHRIGHT,”
claimed the fruit flies.

Thus was there a bloody war over the forgotten banana
carelessly thrown under the bush.

Fruit Flies Like A Banana, Part 2:

Whenever they flapped their leaves,
they tried very hard to mimick the grace of the
yellow boomerang swirling in the air,
leaving a smoothie in its wake.

Ah, if only they could be content
with the reality of being far-flung
instead of trying to be what they were
not.

Fruit Flies Like A Banana, Part 3:

But I’m not sure
that this is a good idea;
banana trees may only produce a single bunch
in their lifetimes,
but they also never stop growing and keep
popping up new trees anyway.

What I mean to say is,
I thought you wanted to get rid of the flies,
not clone them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pidgin Does Not Signify Lack Of Intellect

Race in Cartoons

May 13 Blogswarm Links Post