Fun With Glow Magazine, October 2009

Yay! I have a sneaking suspicion that I am not receiving every single issue of glow magazine, which is a shame, because then we could be doing this every month, but that's okay. I still like reading it, and I like the coupons, and it's time to go through the pages again and check out just how multi-racial our media can be!

Cover page: white
white
white
white
white
white
white
white
white
white
white
white

Ooooooh, Penelope Cruz!

white, white (well, maybe mixed?), white, brown-skinned PoC!

white white Asian, white white, white
white, oooo Rosario Dawson, and Scarlett Johansson, white, white

Plenty of bottles. I like looking at bottles, some of them are really creative and pretty!

white, PoC, white, white, brown?, whitewhite, white

Ooooooh, I love this: a bunch of silhouettes. I think that's very nice, since I can imagine any ethnicity in them but no natural black hair!

white
product product product!
white, white, whitewhite, white, white, white, possibly brown? white, white, white, white

couple shot! <3 white, white, white, and some weird article on "what your choice in guys really says about you" and some glow readers =D

white, white, white, white, white, white, photograph with a whole group of white women,

!!!!!!!!! a Diet Coke ad with a black woman! And what looks like natural hair !!!!!

Aaaaaand we're back to white. A cookie. Free lipstick.

Ooooooh. A quirky little girl with what appears to be very frizzy hair! Ooooh, it's a "stuff your kids can do for Halloween" type dealie! Let's go: white boy, that cute frizzy-haired girl (she may be mixed!), white blond girl, Asian boy in a, uh, side-kicking martial-artsy pose. And a white baby.

White, products, and white. And white on the back cover.

Join us again next time glow magazine gets into my mailbox!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pidgin Does Not Signify Lack Of Intellect

Race in Cartoons

May 13 Blogswarm Links Post