Here's a Picture of a Wall


(I kid you not, there is an entire website dedicated to pictures of walls with various kinda of grafitti on it. Some of the graffiti is, certainly, some form of -ist, but the truly wonderful ones are glorious and wonderful and thought-provoking and I'd love to live in a town with such walls.)

This is not my primary reason for resisting the status quo. My primary reason is that the status quo stinks, not just for myself, but for a lot of other people. It's unfair, it's based on stupidity, it runs on selfishness, and it stops at nothing to make sure only a few people are rewarded for existing.

Part of what drew me to feminism, though, is the idea that by breaking the boundaries caused by the -isms we fight, we can transform the status quo. We can make a better world. While the jury's still out on whether the master's tools can be used to dismantle the master's shed, we do recognize that we need to reach out and transform the master's shed.

An act of change can also be an act of creation. A moment of transformation is still the birth of something new and different from what was there before.

The gift of creation is certainly a good one, because acts of creations have the opportunity to bring joy and happiness, as opposed to acts of wholesale destruction which do little but bring misery and discontent.

Anyways, I just wanted to share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pidgin Does Not Signify Lack Of Intellect

Race in Cartoons

May 13 Blogswarm Links Post